Why Does IDS-CC Commit to M.O.R.E?
The teacher has long been accepted as the most influential variable in the student learning process. Therefore, we have continued to invest time, energy, and dollars in staff development that provides the teacher with training to stay current and on the cutting edge of learning opportunities. In the Olympic tradition, the best keep getting better the more they train, rehearse, and investigate powerful tools for self-development and instruction. A healthy, confident teacher with a "bag filled to the brim with options" is more likely to be equipped to handle the uniqueness of each child within the diversity of the school learning community.
IDS-CC has become a model school for implementing multiple brain-friendly strategies derived from the most cutting-edge research available. Our focus on cooperative learning strategies, learning styles, multiple intelligences, processing styles, positive communication, selected music, and so much more, reflects our continuous effort to capitalize on scientific findings. We apply this knowledge to increase student engagement and accelerate learning in an emotionally healthy environment that is joyful and challenging, encouraging and expanding, creative and productive.
Successfully apply what we call a M.O.R.E. (Multiple Options for Results in Education) Approach in involves implementing a multiple strategy system. This requires a highly skilled teacher able and willing to continuously refine, review and redirect efforts to meet both class and individual needs.
We have been able to attract and keep "first-class" teachers due to our professional staff development policy. This policy respects and recognizes the teacher as the key to the future. We can show our gratitude for their service to society through respect, support and mega-opportunities for continued growth. Therefore, we have focused on training specifically to support their valuable work in developing human potential for learning and living that will leave a legacy for which we can all be proud.
Embracing the Best in Education
- IDS is dedicated to children first and seeks to nurture intellectual curiosity, emotional well-being and strength of character in each child.
- The faculty consists of highly skilled teachers who consistently study to bring the best practices of education to life in the classroom.
- Teachers use interactive teaching techniques such as cooperative learning, multiple intelligences and integrated curriculum to promote involvement in all aspects of student life.
- Emphasizing hands on learning, IDS encourages students to take an active role in their education and creates opportunities to make significant connections between school work and “real life”.
- Both new and experienced outside educators have attended training workshops and observed the application and integration of multiple options for results in education in IDS classrooms called the M.O.R.E. Approach.
- State-of-the art technology is an integral part of learning from Pre-K3 through 8th grade. Along with exciting sports and amazing performing arts, programs are designed to tap into students' multiple intelligences.
- Designated as a International Baccalaureate Primary Years Programme in 2009, an International Baccalaureate Middle School in 2007, a Blue Ribbon School in 2004, to a school-wide Gifted Endorsement 2010 and currently an International School Connection member -- IDS prepares students for success in an increasingly global world.