Middle School at Corbett Prep affords a unique learning experience for all our students. We provide a continuity of caring balanced with opportunities for each child to grow in a rigorous academic environment. Each child transitions to the challenges of the middle school years with the support of a highly trained team of teachers who work to continue the personalized learning experience that Corbett Prep so proudly provides. Preparing our students to soar in a high school setting, while remaining the leaders in a Pre-Kindergarten - Eighth grade program, is an advantage that each of our middle schoolers gain in the Corbett Prep environment. Master teachers facilitate the transformations of children into first class young men and women.
Below are but a few of the multitude of options that make Corbett Prep Middle School a powerful learning environment. We would love to provide you with a personal tour of the campus or answer any questions that you might have as you prepare your children for middle school.
To contact us, please call
What makes the Corbett Prep Middle School an experience that every child deserves?
I. Rigorous academic program flexibly designed to meet individual needs:
- Challenging sixth-grade math program has a Pre-Algebra focus. Seventh/eighthgrade math offers Pre-Algebra, Algebra I and Algebra II Honors.
- IPS Honors (Introductory Physical Science Honors) is offered to all eighth-grade students.
- Foreign Language is presented as a core subject with Spanish I credit opportunity at the eighth-grade level.
- Advanced literature provides a head start for high school, with a strong focus on the writing process coupled with skill building and vocabulary development.
- “History (Comes) Alive” through a Social Studies program designed to make learning relevant, experiential, and rigorous.
- Students can earn State and National recognition through the Duke University Talent Identification Program.
- The International Baccalaureate Program is embraced for all students.
- Students thrive with the M.O.R.E. Approach: Multiple Options for Results in Education.
III.Building athletic skills:
- A winning competitive athletic program in which 90% of our students participate.
- A sports program that encourages all students to participate while developing their individual skills through numerous team sports and multiple teaming options during each season with professional coaches.
- An intramural program that extends physical activity during the school day.
IV. In a Pre-K through Eighth grade program, middle school students are at the top, giving them special opportunities for schoolwide leadership:
- Middle School Student Council
- Leadership training
- Corbett Prep Ambassadors
- International School Connections in Europe and Asia
- Sports’ Captains
- Speakers, at all school performances - presence and poise
- Middle School “Buddies” at events (Field Days, Young Authors Day, Multicultural Day, etc.)
V. Meeting individual needs:
- Small classes and low teacher/pupil ratio required.
- Cutting-edge teachers who continuously invest time and energy into training and refining skills to ensure student success.
- An emphasis on organizational skills, which are strengthened through before-school organizational clubs and Study Skills Electives.
- Lessons that provide multiple presentation techniques and appreciate a variety of learning and thinking styles.
- Opportunities for academic challenge through higher-level and honors course work.
- Academic help sessions before school four days per week.
- Participation in competitive academic and Fine Arts teams such as Math League, Forensics, and International Thespians.
- Developing standardized test-taking skills through classroom practice, including high school entrance test preparation.
- Annual Award Winning Middle School retreat with an emphasis on building a community of dignity and respect. Corbett Prep is a proud recipient of a National Character Education Partnership Promising Practices Award for our Middle School Retreat.
- Weekly Multi-age Advisory teams following a school-wide curriculum that emphasizes noble character traits.
- Annual Middle School Community Service Days with student input in researching and planning the service experience.
VII.New Horizon Week:
Week-long trips keyed to the curriculum -a special culmination of the year for each grade level, providing opportunities for personal challenge and developing lifelong teambuilding and personal skills.